Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Church Secretary Club - The social networking community for today's church secretary!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camping Cooking  (Read 3184 times)
MaureenS
Elite Member

Blessings: 168

Me & my baby, Rosa

« on: July 28, 2016, 05:16:40 PM »

OK, ladies, your best camping meals! Easy ones. We have a Coleman stove so we can cook over that as well as the fire.
"When we're together, even the coldest day feels warm."

Author Topic: Camping Cooking(Read 3184 times)
HZlove
Elite Member

Blessings: 229

PS 62:5b ...my expectation is from him.

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 05:35:17 PM »

Tin foil meals

1. put meat, vegies, potatoes with a little butter and seasoning.
2. close it up and place over fire until food is cooked (usually about 1/2 hour if it isn't too large)
HZlove
---
Psalm 26:8 Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. Selah

Mary
Elite Member

Blessings: 148

I am my Beloved's & He is mine.

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 08:29:14 PM »

Baked beans, in the can.
Mary
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him will I trust."  Ps. 91:2

Ann

Blessings: 74

Author of Alaska Gardening Guide.

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 10:54:46 PM »

How about bringing skewers, and zip lock bags of cherry tomatoes, chunks of chicken (seems to cook faster than beef) onions chunks, etc and everyone makes their own kabobs?

And you have to have s'mores!
Ann
Alaska

Diney
Elite Member

Blessings: 79

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 01:57:41 PM »

We always do one night of a chicken caesar salad, buy everything in a bag and throw it together, we'll buy the whole chicken and cut it up and freeze it before we go.
Breakfast Burritos
Foil Meals are great but have to rely on hot coals and not a roaring fire. We like to do sliced potatoes in foil with butter and onions, well truth be told we have them every week on the BBQ in the summer also, they are my favourite. You can add green onions, bacon, etc too!
We like to do a big breakfast and not really have lunch. We also don't have heavy suppers because hot dogs and snacks around the fire is preferred.
Have you done camp fire cones? They are fun, have fruit and chocolate chips, small marshmallows and fill them in a waffle cone or sugar cone and wrap them and put them over the fire.
Quesadillas are fun on the coleman stove.
You could also do pizza subs, buy a baguette or long loaf, some frozen pre-cooked meatballs and any other pizza toppings, cheese, etc. and pile it in the bread and wrap it in foil and put it on the stove or fire.
Have you done smores with adding raspberries, fruit and chocolate and marshmallows oh my. Or use Peek Freans chocolate covered digestive cookies instead of the chocolate, it melts so nice and is on both sides!

I miss camping!! We have been looking into buying a cheap popup trailer and redoing it all cute. I have been obsessed with the popup princess blog.
Diney

churchimm
Elite Member

Blessings: 167

A polar bear giraffe combo!!

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 02:07:21 PM »

I miss camping!! We have been looking into buying a cheap popup trailer and redoing it all cute. I have been obsessed with the popup princess blog.

I just started a thread about blogs - I'm going to check this out!!! 

My mom bought a pop up camper after my dad died - I guess it was our therapy!!  We went everywhere in that thing - sometimes it was just her and my sisters if my brother couldn't go.  I'm wracking my brains trying to remember what we ate.  We also had a Coleman stove.  I'm sure my mom made BBQ - that was a favorite, and probably some other things she cooked at home and brought (ham, roast beef, etc).  I'm thinking probably also burgers and dogs.  We also did what Hzlove said.  We called them Hobo dinners - ground beef, chopped up potatoes, carrots and onions.   I LOVE those!!  And of course Smores for dessert!!
Karen V
Baltimore, Maryland

"This is the day the Lord has made.  We will rejoice and be glad in  it."    ptl    ptl

Diney
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 02:12:35 PM »

I just started a thread about blogs - I'm going to check this out!!! 

My mom bought a pop up camper after my dad died - I guess it was our therapy!!  We went everywhere in that thing - sometimes it was just her and my sisters if my brother couldn't go.  I'm wracking my brains trying to remember what we ate.  We also had a Coleman stove.  I'm sure my mom made BBQ - that was a favorite, and probably some other things she cooked at home and brought (ham, roast beef, etc).  I'm thinking probably also burgers and dogs.  We also did what Hzlove said.  We called them Hobo dinners - ground beef, chopped up potatoes, carrots and onions.   I LOVE those!!  And of course Smores for dessert!!

I have wanted a camper since I was 8. I love the idea of me and Don and the dog going! Although he can't keep a fire going to save his life!
Nadine
Diney

MaureenS
Elite Member

Blessings: 168

Me & my baby, Rosa

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 04:17:09 PM »

Great ideas, everyone! We already do shish kabobs, but other than the standard burgers & hotdogs, I think all of your ideas are things we haven't done yet. We're heading out today for 8 nights of camping, so I need some new ideas!
"When we're together, even the coldest day feels warm."

Diney
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 04:27:25 PM »

Great ideas, everyone! We already do shish kabobs, but other than the standard burgers & hotdogs, I think all of your ideas are things we haven't done yet. We're heading out today for 8 nights of camping, so I need some new ideas!

oh have fun!! I'm very jealous!!
Nadine
Diney
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: