Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Church Secretary Club - The social networking community for today's church secretary!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Implementing Projection System and Easy Worship for the first time!!  (Read 2810 times)
kjw

Blessings: 11

« on: August 07, 2012, 12:57:08 PM »

Help!

Our church is just completing a major renovation project which includes the addition of a projection system.  I guess the board never even though about who would set it up each Sunday and who would run it.  I play the piano on Sunday mornings so my hands are full!

Any tips on setting up  Easy Worship?

Also, what is the procedure at your church for getting it ready and running it on Sunday?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Author Topic: Implementing Projection System and Easy Worship for the first time!!(Read 2810 times)
Ann

Blessings: 74

Author of Alaska Gardening Guide.

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 05:33:37 PM »

I guess the board never even though about who would set it up each Sunday and who would run it.  I play the piano on Sunday mornings so my hands are full!
Any tips on setting up  Easy Worship?
Also, what is the procedure at your church for getting it ready and running it on Sunday?

We have SongShowPlus, which is similar to Easy Worship. I set up the announcements and pull in the music, setting up the program. The announcements auto run as a slide show and repeat over and over. The music needs to have an operator move from verse to verse. I put blank slides in where we pause for things like the welcome and scripture reading. We can add comments with any slide for the operator to help him/her. We have live video capability and use it right now for the cry room, so the display properties for that are put in when I do the program. You will need to set up a team to run Easy Worship which, if you have a camera, may include a camera operator. It is always a good idea to have two in the booth in case one "spaces out" and forgets to change verses! But be careful about pairing two teens who may just talk to each other. We teach our operators to sing along with the music to help them stay alert to when to change the verse. They also need to be alert to signals the song leader may give them. Over the years we have worked out a system of signals. Example last Sunday the leader decided to move immediately from the end of one song right into the next one faster than usual, so she gave a beckoning sign with her hand to tell us. Worked out great cause we knew what it meant. Any time she walks over to the piano to give instructions we are aware that something is about to change and can get ready. We also know that if the music is still going very fast at the end of a song, she is probably going to repeat the ending slower, so we know not to jump the gun and end the song - we hold on that last slide but are ready to back up if she goes back even farther for the repeat. Those are some of the things you need to teach your "team." As for using the program itself, most of them come with good instructions, even tutorials, and tech support that will walk you through issues. Oh, and set up some boundaries right at the beginning, like no food or drink in the booth!
Ann
Alaska
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: