Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Church Secretary Club - The social networking community for today's church secretary!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Giraffes?  (Read 19693 times)
Margaret

Blessings: 35

« on: August 13, 2013, 06:18:24 PM »

Just wondering what is the story behind all the giraffe profile pictures?  Contemplating I've been gone from this site for a loooong time.

Author Topic: Giraffes?(Read 19693 times)
Kay
Elite Member

Blessings: 182

Oh, hi!

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 07:03:51 PM »

Margaret, it all started back in January of this year, when a Crazy Lady at Mellie's church claimed that Mellie walked like a giraffe.  If you like, you can click here to read the original thread about it.

We've continued the theme and gotten a little (okay, a LOT) crazy with it.  wink  Giraffe participation is optional, of course, but it's just a bunch of silliness that helps us get through the day.

Giraffes = CSes
Zebras = anyone who gets in the way of us doing our jobs
GGC = Gangsta Giraffe Corps -- which is us CSes as a group

pet giraffe

"I can lead a ZEBRA to the church publications, but I can't make him read." -- me

Margaret

Blessings: 35

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 02:44:56 PM »

WHAT??  LOL  
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:01:11 PM by Margaret » Logged

Mell

Blessings: 70

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 08:07:00 PM »

Yep! What she said was, I need to take smaller steps; my stride is too large.

She was at it again on Tuesday. One of the teens had scribbled some doodles on the whiteboard in the office during a youth group meeting on Sunday. They made a funny little face with the word "hola" on it-- Spanish for "hello." Crazy lady went nuts, started yelling how she was offended, that the official language of this country is ENGLISH and it was disrespectful to use Spanish in an English speaking country.

Seriously, she's nuts. You should have heard what I got when I put Martin Luther King Jr on the church bulletins on the Sunday before MLK day!

HZlove
Elite Member

Blessings: 229

PS 62:5b ...my expectation is from him.

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 08:17:51 PM »

Yep! What she said was, I need to take smaller steps; my stride is too large.

She was at it again on Tuesday. One of the teens had scribbled some doodles on the whiteboard in the office during a youth group meeting on Sunday. They made a funny little face with the word "hola" on it-- Spanish for "hello." Crazy lady went nuts, started yelling how she was offended, that the official language of this country is ENGLISH and it was disrespectful to use Spanish in an English speaking country.

Seriously, she's nuts. You should have heard what I got when I put Martin Luther King Jr on the church bulletins on the Sunday before MLK day!

I guess she should not go to another country until she learns their language because it is disrepectul to think that everyone should learn English.  whistle bonk dunce
HZlove
---
Psalm 26:8 Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. Selah

Kay
Elite Member

Blessings: 182

Oh, hi!

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 08:26:06 PM »

Remember the old Sandi Patty song, "Love in Any Language"?  Don't play that around the Crazy Lady!!!  (Unless, of course, instead of saying the phrase "I love you" in lots of different languages, you just say it in English.  Over and over.)

Haha!  I slay me!

innocent

"I can lead a ZEBRA to the church publications, but I can't make him read." -- me

MoJo
Elite Member

Blessings: 153

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 12:31:26 PM »

Hey Forgiven,

Here is some background on the giraffe situation for you- to help you understand.  lol

>:o===Q<

forgiven

Blessings: 31

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 01:07:07 PM »

Thanks MoJo, love reading that background info!  Love that you all have run with it!!!! Too funny!!
Debbie

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Col. 3:17

MoJo
Elite Member

Blessings: 153

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 01:12:04 PM »

Thanks MoJo, love reading that background info!  Love that you all have run with it!!!! Too funny!!

We can run with anything, really well...  if you chekc out the original post that started it all, you will laugh hysterically!  It's very long, so give yourself lots of time.
>:o===Q<

forgiven

Blessings: 31

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 01:56:58 PM »

Yes, I will check that out, good lunch break reading I'm sure!!!! Thanks!
Debbie

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Col. 3:17

Bev

Blessings: 96

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 11:01:35 AM »

I guess she should not go to another country until she learns their language because it is disrepectul to think that everyone should learn English.  whistle bonk dunce
This lady  should stay out of Canada for sure as we have two official languages English and French. We also have a diversifted population and you hear many languages spoken on the street. In my area the Amish speak Pennsylvania Dutch just about everywhere. This lady is nuts.

Bev
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: