Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Church Secretary Club - The social networking community for today's church secretary!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Church Managment Software  (Read 27527 times)
Lucy

Blessings: 28

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2010, 10:48:29 PM »

I've posted these links in a couple of other threads. 

First one is an article about CMS:  Article

Second is a comparison chart from 2009, chart does not include all avail. programs.  This guy sends out a questionaire yearly,
does the chart off of info. he recieves:  Chart

I have no affiliation with this guy or anything, I find the chart helpful.  Especially if you are looking for certain tasks that a CMS
program can do for you.  For me it's offering a Denominational Version to help do yearly reports to the head office AND the payroll function that handles pastor's housing allowance.  For others it will be other qualities.

Author Topic: Church Managment Software(Read 27527 times)
Stotheara
Administrator

Blessings: 188

aka "Stothie"

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 03:01:44 PM »

That's a GREAT link, Lucy. Thank you.

Philippians 4:8 Whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Keener
Temp

Blessings: 4

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 11:26:48 PM »

We use Servant Keeper and I love it.  The price is very reasonable and it doesn't have any ongoing fees.  I track EVERYTHING on it.  Things like small group participation, donation history, volunteer service record, special event participation.  I use their system for emailing.  I can send to our entire congregation (about 400 email addresses) all at once.  I can form groups based on any criteria in less than a minute.  I could not do what I do without it.

NebrChickadee

Blessings: 7

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2013, 10:03:41 PM »

I use Shepherd Staff - it is really software for Lutheran church, but works nicely for Episcopal church needs as well.  Also has its own accounting unit so will print Gift-in-kind statements, quarterly giving statements, track pledges (ahead/behind for the year) and pay bills similar to Quick books.

The link above needs to be corrected to   http://www.shepherdsstaff.org/

servant-777

Blessings: 3

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 06:35:32 PM »

We use Shelby. I used ACS in my previous job and liked it much better. More flexibility in designing reports. I like church software because you have all the information in one place. You can create labels, letters, reports, etc... within the database. We upload the church directory report to our website once a month. Data is always changing, contact info, births, etc... I like not having to update several programs when the information changes. We also use it for the financial stuff, so the contact information is available for checks, contributions, pledges, etc...and prints the contributions statements and reports too.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 06:39:00 PM by servant-777 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: