Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Church Secretary Club - The social networking community for today's church secretary!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cranberry Creme Brulee Tartlets  (Read 2583 times)
Ginny

Blessings: 83

Maggie at 10 weeks

« on: November 24, 2009, 04:15:27 PM »

Found this recipe and made them this past weekend. Yumm!!

Cranberry Crème Brulee Tartlets

Crust ~         1 package refrigerated pie crust (softened)
Cranberry filling ~       1/3 cup sugar
            1/3 cup water
            1 cup fresh cranberries
            ½ tsp ground cinnamon
Crème Brulee filling ~   12 oz. Cream cheese
            2 TBSP heavy cream
            ½ cup sugar
            3 eggs
            1 tsp vanilla extract
Caramel Topping ~      ½ cup Werther’s original hard candies, crushed

Heat oven to 450. In medium pot cook cranberry filling ingredients over medium heat to boiling. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Cool

Unroll piecrusts, flatten each slightly with a rolling pin. With a 4” round cutter (I used a martini glass) cut 8 rounds from each crust. Press each round into bottoms and sides of muffin pans. Bake crusts 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool. Reduce oven temp. to 350. In a large bowl beat cream cheese, cream, sugar, eggs and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spoon about 1 heaping teaspoon of cranberry filling into each tartlet, top with crème brulee filling. Bake for 10 to12 minutes or until center is set. Sprinkle each tartlet with crushed Werther's candies. Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until candy is melted. Cool about 30 minutes on a cooling rack and then refrigerate until fully chilled (about 2 hours).

When I made this I had way more crème brulee filling than I needed to fill the tarts. You might want to get 2 packages of piecrust, double the cranberries and make more of this. Or, I just baked the filling in ramekins in a water bath for about 20 minutes at 350.

Blessings,
Ginny

If you don't process the pain, the pain will process you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: